Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My first entry...


Okay, so it took me a few years to jump on the blogging bandwagon. I have been inspired by many others, so I thought I would give it a try. I admit that it is a really good way to keep in touch with friends and family. I will share a few of my favorite blogs that keep me going throughout the week!

I do journal quite a bit, so it is a little different to be typing these words instead of writing. But, I guess it is a good thing to give my hand a break every now and then from addressing all of those envelopes and doing other calligraphy projects.

Well, I guess I can make an announcement of sort - (no, I am not pregnant) A few weeks ago, I was interviewed by Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood, a reporter for the Grand Rapids Press. She profiles local artists and hobbyists for the Sunday edition (Lifestyle section). The story is confirmed to run on Sunday! It will also be featured on-line as well. And, she has a seperate podcast that it will be on! I always enjoy reading her articles, and I am seriously shocked that my calligraphy will be featured!

As many of you know, my art/calligraphy has been a really important part of my recovery from my eating disorder - and one of the reasons I got back into calligraphy was spending time while in treatment doing art-therapy...after a few projects, I was back in love with pen, inks, and paper. It was a really good outlet for me-and continues to be- and I shared that with her in hopes of inspiring others who are going through different struggles in their life to know that there are ways to cope. I believe that we have all been given a specific talent by God....what's yours?

4 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Looking forward to following along, Jen!

kelly said...

welcome to the blog world! will add you to my google reader...

Amanda: said...

Oh yay! I'm glad you're blogging now! I'll add you to my "People Watching" section on my blog!! Way to go on the GR Press!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on joining us bloggers in the cyber-world! And, I can't wait to see the story about your business. What a wonderful way to get your name and information out there. I am so happy for you. And, thanks for including my blog on yours - I appreciate that more than you know. Good luck, and talk with you soon! Love to you and Kevin!