Tuesday, January 20, 2009

an introduction...



I love this song... Rodney Atkins "Watching You". It can out in 2006, and I remember Kevin had proposed and I was planning to become the future Mrs. Buck, when I heard this song for the first time. I admit that I teared up...
"He said I've been watching you dad, ain't that cool I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you"

And that is when we started joking about when we would have kids, they would be our little buckaroos, and it became an inside joke with family and loved ones.

Well, I would like to introduce you to our Baby Buckaroo...

We are still in the first trimester, and this past week has indeed been trying. I was placed on bedrest 9 days ago and after another visit to my Doctor today, I can now return to work. We were able to see the heartbeat last week and again today, which is just amazing and takes my breath away. Things are going as well as can be expected this early in the pregnancy. Baby Buckroo will be an end of the summer baby, as my due date is Labor Day - September 7, 2009.

We actually found out on December 29, 3 years to the date that Kevin proposed. We told family (parents & siblings) a few days later, as we were going to Disney and they would figure something was up if I was not riding my favorite rides. Just last week we told the grandparents and extended family. I debated about the blog because we are still early, but we know that everything is in God's hands and it is just so nice to be able to go to friends to ask (really stupid) questions. It has been hard to be on bedrest all week and keep quiet from everyone! I will keep everyone posted... but so far so good!

15 comments:

Mandy said...

Congratulations Jenny and Kevin! Can't wait to meet the little buckaroo this summer!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!
I can't express to you my excitement through commenting, but you know it's there....

WOO - HOO!!!!

Baby Buckaroo....I love it.

Amanda: said...

Aww! Rick and I are so happy for you! You're gonna be one awesome mama!!!!! Congratulations, guys!!!

Lea said...

OMG!!! I am SO excited for you guys!!! I can remember asking my friends all of the "stupid" questions too...only to find out, they weren't so stupid! :-D I too was on bedrest with Lukas - but it was for the last 6 weeks. The first week was cool...after that, I was SO bored!! Keep us updated girl!!

Shelly said...

I am so very happy for you, so glad that you got to see the heart beat, so amazing.. Keep us posted, and I will continue to pray for a safe and healthy pregnancy and baby...

jennie said...

Congratulations!

Praying for a easy, uneventful pregnancy experience. Grady was due on Labor Day too!

Let the stupid questions roll!! lol!;)

Kristin said...

Yeah!!!! I am so glad that everyting is going well. Keep up te good work Mama!!!! How does it feel being an oven:)????
There are no stupid questions, pregnancy is a GREAT, but super scary crazy thing...if questions answered makes things a little easier...ask away!!!

Can't wait to hear every detail of little Buckaroo....I miss babies!!!

Heather said...

congratulations! hope you have a healthy pregnancy!

hien k. d. said...

congratulations to you and Kevin, Jen! :) i'm so happy for you both!!

Not your Happily Ever After said...

CRONGRATS! What great news! We will pray for an easy pregnancy for you. Any questions you have, fire away. And by the way.. no question is dumb! I also have some great books your welcome to if you want them. I won't be needing them anymore.

Young Family said...

Baby Buckaroo - I love it!!! I am so happy for you guys and know that you will make fantastic parents! And, I'm so glad the news is announced now!!

Love you guys!

Stephenie

Sharon R. said...

Buckaroo! Awesome!! I love the song too.

I'm glad the cat is out of the bag bec I was so afraid I'd accidentally spill the beans!

By the way, wonderful DW pictures, past and present!

Lisa said...

Congrats to both you and your husband!! Wishing you a wonderful, uneventful pregnancy.

Abby said...

LOVE that song!!! And how cool that it goes so perfectly with your last name :) Congratulations to you both--what a gift! God is good!

Liz said...

I already said it, but I'll say it again....

YAY!

Very excited for you. Hope you, Kevin and the buckaroo will be out to cheer for the half-marathon in the fall. :o)