Saturday, February 7, 2009

buckaroo update...

It has been awhile since I last posted. Everything is going well with baby buckaroo, and although there was a few rough days, things seem to be going much better (and consistently staying that way!) I still have a few more weeks left of the first trimester (I am 10 weeks) so I am being cautiously optimistic - literally, taking it a day at a time. We know it's all in God's hands...
So, it has been reallly hard not to think about anything else but *baby*. Last weekend, Kevin and I went out to dinner and right next to the restaurant was a Babies R Us. I told him earlier that I did not want to go until the second trimester, but he talked me into it and in we went.

Oh. my. gosh.

I mean, I have been in BRU before, but have always been shopping for someone else - so went to that section, picked out what I wanted, and left. I have never just wandered the asiles like we did Saturday night. Completely overwhelming. What in the world did our parents do without all of this stuff? It was a very eye-opening expereince... I also paid my first visit to Motherhood Maternity last night. Although I am not yet "showing", I wanted to see what they had. Woah.

So, I am trying to take all of this slowly - I have only bought one thing so far (an adorable little hat I found while waiting for a prescription to be filled at Target). We have agreed not to find out the sex beforehand, so that makes things a little harder to shop for. I love looking a different websites to start dreaming about the nursery, and look what I found at "The Land of Nod" (Crate & Barrell's kids store). Although it is not a nursery and is for an older little boy, I could not resist the name of the line!
"The Buckaroo Stops Here Bedding"

4 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

I've been praying for you Jen. Praying for that little one to grow and thrive inside your belly and for you to be able to rest and "enjoy" the months to come.

It is all a little overwhelming when it comes to picking out things for the baby and yourself. Motherhood is great for maternity clothes. If you plan on nursing there sleep bras are great. I wore them during the pregnancy too. As you grow it's nice to have that bit of support at night. Anyway I'm now rambling. Thanks for the update. Hang in there and keep your feet up!

Lea said...

I am SO excited for you guys!! And yes - all the "baby" stuff certainly is overwhelming...especially to first time parents. I remember thinking I needed EVERYTHING there was. Only to discover, half of it I NEVER used! HA! I'm glad you guys are not finding out what you're having! We didn't with eiter of our boys and to us, it was the perfect "surprise" ending to the beginning of our parenthood! Keep the updates coming - so far you're doing great!!

Shelly said...

so glad to hear that everything is going well, 10 weeks already wow. keep us updated!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! So glad you are doing well. I have kept you and the buckaroo in my thoughts. I miss you guys, and wish I was there to help you through this. BRU can be totally overwhelming - just remember that in addition to everything else, you now have 4 CPers that can help you out with the shopping lists, just like we did with Amy last year! Love to all three of you (4 incl Koda!)